Thursday, May 1, 2014

Before & After Flea Market Find




Happy Thursday!  

It's been a while since I've posted, but I have been so busy on furniture projects for clients!  I wanted to share one of them with you!

This lovely 1920's Chifferobe Wardrobe..

I found this Chifferobe on Craigslist.  Wow...was it beat up!  I was not really expecting all of the prep work before I actually started painting this but in the end, a sturdy piece of furniture is key when you are selling!  

To fill in all of the broken veneer, I used wood putty then sanded down once dry.  You can see the clamps holding a piece in place while some glue was drying:)



This piece was going to be done in my favorite color palette,  using Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.  First, I had to make a trip to my favorite Annie Sloan Stockist in Fredericksburg, VA - Emporio.  They fully stock all of Annie Sloan products.  I absolutely love this place and they are always so helpful with questions I may have!

The palette choice will be French Linen as base, Old White as second color, Cocoa as the Wash, followed by a dry brush of Old White, and then clear wax to seal it off. 

I first applied these amazing wreath furniture appliques that I found on Ebay with Wood Glue and allowed them to completely dry before painting the piece.


1) First coat - French Linen

2) Second Coat - Old White

When I paint the Old White on I use short strokes allowing the French Linen to show through.

3) Third Coat - Cocoa Wash

4) Lightly Go Over Again With Old White Here and There

5) Seal The Piece With Annie Sloan Clear Wax

I always finish the inside of the piece of furniture with a contrasting color or the same.  In this piece I used the Old White for the inside of the entire piece, but the insides of drawers were done the French Linen.

I absolutely adore the way it turned out.


I always love doing this color combination ~ just in case it does not sell, it will always look lovely in mine:)







You can see how the Cocoa Wash shows up in all of the corners of the Wardrobe.  This was done by dry brushing before sealing with the clear wax.



As always, if you have any questions, let me know.


Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment